This manual explains how to add and manage shipment options in your Shipsbeans account.
This manual answers the following questions:
- How can I add free shipping for a local region
- How can I add a shipping flat rate outside this local region
- How can I add a free shipping option outside this local region above a specific order amount (e.g. 80$)
Set your general shipment policies
General shipment policies are the countries and regions you generally plan to ship to. You can set individual shipment policies like fees within regions later.
- Click on "WooCommerce" - "Settings"
- Select tab "General"
- Under "General options" go to "Selling locations" and set the locations you plan to ship to
- Save changes
Set up your shipping zones
You can create different shipment zones, with different shipment policies for each.
- Within your WooCommerce "Settings", navigate to the "Shipping" tab
- Click "Add shipping zone"
Creating your first shipment zone
You should begin with shipment zone that is geographically closest around your business. Typically a local zone with better or special shipment options.
- Provide a "Zone name". This identifies a zone for you. E.g. "Local zone - California"
- Define the "Zone regions". This is the correct geographic region for this zone as used by your customer when they create orders. E.g. "California, United States" or "Austria". Orders from this region will be provided with the shipment policies you set for this region.
- "Add shipment method". Click the button to set your shipment policies
- Set your shipment method. Pick between
- "free shipping": If you don't plan to charge for a shipment, given certain requirements (e.g. minimum amount) are met.
- "flat fee": If you plan to charge a static fee for a specific region
- "loca pickup": If you want customers to allow pick the coffee up at a location
- Click "Add shipment method"
Setting requirements for "free shipping"
If you want to use "free shipping" for orders from a specific shipment zone, you can set specific requirements
- From the newly created shipment zone, hover over the name and hit "Edit"
- Select "N/A" if you want to grant free shipping for all orders from this region
- Select any of the other options if you only want to grant free shipment for this region if any customers have a free coupon and/or order a minimum amount.
- If you select any option including "minimum order amount", set the shopping cart value the order must meet or exceed to apply for free shipping. The minimum amount applies to the shopping cart value in the currency that you have set.
- Save changes
Note: You can also apply a combination for a single shipping zone e.g. free shipping over a certain minimum amount and then a flat fee for all orders below the minimum order amount.
Adding further shipment zones
You can add further shipment zones with other shipment policies. Shipment policies will be automatically applied and displayed for orders coming in through your shipsbeans web shop based on the most tightly defined criteria. For example if you granted "free shipping" to all orders from "Geographic region - California" and you want to apply a flat fee (e.g. USD 10) for the rest of the region "United States", you only have to create the region "United States" and set a flat fee for this region. Shipsbeans will look for orders from "California" and apply free shipment based on your criteria.
For any other locations you plan to ship to, e.g. the "rest of the world" you can - optionally - also set shipment policies by clicking "Locations not covered by your other zones". NOTE: this will apply only to the scope of locations that you have set up under your general "Selling locations"
Shipment zone display in the shopping cart
Here are some examples how the shipment zones and policies that you have set up will display to the customer when checking out their order:
"Free shipping" for California:
Flat rate shipping for Arizona: